We are hiring: Communications Officer
April 20, 2017Categories: careers
Mahatat is Recruiting: Communications Officer
Since its establishment in 2011, Mahatat for contemporary art has unleashed inspiration and creativity, spread joy and entertainment amongst audiences, artists and the participants of our activities. We offer unique artistic experiences by organizing performances in public spaces and streets. We decentralize the arts by working in the Delta Region as well as Cairo.
We also share knowledge and learning experiences related to art in public space and participatory art through the development of open source publications and workshops targeting emerging art operators and entrepreneurs.
For the upcoming period, we are seeking a strong team player to join our small team and work in a very challenging yet exciting field.
The right candidate needs to be a passionate advocator for the arts to find commonality in order to spread a culture of decentralized and accessible public art and community art in Egypt through timely, accurate and inviting bilingual (AR/EN) communication and engagement.
The new member will work collectively and closely with the shareholders and the Managing Director to balance Mahatat’s mission and voice together with marketing and outreach mechanisms that support the organization’s financial independence.
S/he needs to brand, promote and sell Mahatat’s various products and productions to different stakeholders.
- A strong belief in art as a tool for social change and wellbeing
- Previous experience in social media management, marketing and strategy
- Strong interpersonal skills and independence
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong managerial skills
- Photo and video editing skills or photography are a plus
- Knowledge of WordPress is a plus
- Excellent English skills and strong Arabic skills (other language skills are a bonus)
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Management of online social media channels
- Start and maintain a conversation: Build a relationship with the public that is constant, participatory and inviting through social media and other mediums
- Ensure accurate representation: Represent Mahatat in an accurate, creative and engaging manner.
- Develop and maintain relevant documentation: Archive, update and share the content of our work through multimedia forms.
- Encourage active participation: Reaching out to diverse audiences online and offline to take part in content production.
- Collaborate with others: Create and maintain linkages to people, platforms and organizations to increase outreach.
- Develop creative content creation: Work internally and with freelancers to develop innovative, representative and engaging multimedia content.
- Ensure sellability and reach out to customers: Develop strategies for widespread outreach of Mahatat’s services and products.
- Develop and maintain knowledge sharing practices: Creating the image of Mahatat as experts in art in public space and community art, primarily through knowledge sharing and production.
- Representing our partners: Ensure that each partner and/or artist is given credit according to their branding guidelines and regulations.
- Social security
- Health insurance
- Exposure to the national and international art, culture and creative entrepreneurship sector
- National, regional and international travel
- Contract and remuneration negotiable, based on experience
- Contract until December, renewable
- Probation period of 3 months
Please send us your updated CV, and a short motivation letter (1 page maximum) to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: Wednesday, May, 31st 2017, at 12pm.