Marketing and Communications Officer
News || Tags: careers, jobs, work ||
Since its establishment in 2011, Mahatat for contemporary art has unleashed inspiration and creativity, spread joy and entertainment amongst audiences, artists and the participants of our activities.
We offer unique artistic experiences by organizing performances in public spaces and streets. We decentralize the arts by working in the Delta Region as well as Cairo.
We also share knowledge and learning experiences related to art in public space and participatory art through the development of open source publications and workshops targeting emerging art operators and entrepreneurs.
For the upcoming period, we are seeking a strong team player to join our small team and work in a very challenging yet exciting field.
The right candidate needs to be a passionate advocator for the arts to find commonality in order to spread a culture of decentralized and accessible public art and community art in Egypt through timely, accurate and inviting bilingual (AR/EN) communication and engagement.
The new member will work collectively and closely with the managing Director and the executive producer to bbalance Mahatat’s mission and voice together with marketing and outreach mechanisms that support the organization’s financial independence.
S/he needs to brand, promote and sell Mahatat’s various products and productions to different stakeholders.
- – A strong belief in art as a tool for social change and wellbeing
- – Previous experience in social media management, marketing and strategy
- – Strong interpersonal skills and independence
- – Strong managerial skills
- – Excellent written and oral communication skills in both language Arabic and English.
- – Photo and video editing skills or photography are a plus
- – Knowledge of WordPress is a plus
- – Ability to work in a collaborative environment
– Management of online social media channels– Build a relationship with the public that is constant, participatory and inviting through social media and other mediums– Represent Mahatat in an accurate, creative and engaging manner in public and private events.– Develop and maintain relevant documentation by Archiving, updating and sharing the content of our work through multimedia forms especially for Face to face project and stop_by_mahatat event.– Reaching out to diverse audiences online and offline to take part in content production.– Market mahatat products and services to people, platforms and organizations to increase outreach.– Work internally and with freelancers to develop innovative, representative and engaging multimedia content.– Work on mahatat website to be friendly use updated in two languages– Reach mahatat monthly revenue target based on specific KPIs.– Creating the image of Mahatat as experts in art in public space and community art, primarily through knowledge sharing and production.– Representing our partners by ensuring that each partner and/or artist is given credit according to their branding guidelines and regulations.– Manage mahatat publications preparation, launching and marketing.
- – Exposure to the national and international art, culture and creative entrepreneurship sector
- – National, regional and international travel
- – Contract and remuneration negotiable, based on experience
- – Probation period of 3 months
Please send us your updated CV, and a short motivation letter (1 page maximum) to email@example.com
with subject (Marketing & Communications Officer)
Deadline for applications: Wednesday, June, 20, 2018, at 12pm.