Call for Program Coordinator
August 2, 2017Categories:
Mahatat is Recruiting for the Love of the Arts: Program Coordinator
Since its establishment in 2011, Mahatat for contemporary art has unleashed inspiration and creativity, spread joy and entertainment amongst audiences, artists and the participants of our activities. We offer unique artistic experiences by organizing performances in public spaces and streets. We decentralize the arts by working in the Delta and Canal Regions as well as Cairo.
We also share knowledge and learning experiences related to art in public space and participatory art through the development of open source publications and workshops targeting emerging art operators and entrepreneurs.
For the upcoming period, we are seeking a strong team player to join our small team and work in a very challenging yet exciting field for 6 months.
The right candidate needs to be a passionate advocator for the arts, who believe and share the same values of Mahatat; trust, transparency, peer learning, flexibility, integrity, honesty, collective leadership, respect, open communication.
S/he needs to ensure the Implementation of the program/project activities in the field within the program/project timeline and budget.
Job description: Ensure the Implementation of the program/project activities in the field within the program/project timeline and budget.
- Managing the activities logistics in the field including the venue and space rent, accommodation rent, catering and transportation.
- Ensuring that the activities fieldtrips, scouting, workshops\ implementation, happens according to Mahatat plans and timeline.
- Facilitating the work of professional artists in the field including fieldtrips, scouting, and workshops.
- Coordinating between different stakeholders (Workshop space owner, Mahatat management team, Professional artists) to get activities achieved.
- Building a network between alumni and stakeholders in the field
- Monitoring and providing primary data for evaluation
- Submitting activities progress and reflective reports to the programming director.
- Participating in reflective and brainstorming team meetings, and staff meeting
- Ensuring activities implementation is within the program/project budget.
- Managing the ambassadors program to ensure quality implementation of the program/projects
- Engaging the volunteers into the Mahatat’s activities and building profiles and data base for the ambassadors program.
- Establishing and maintaining partnerships with local stakeholders depending on the projects’ activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in commerce, arts or social science or a related field
- At least 3 years of work experience in creative project management, coordination and logistics
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Excellent team spirit and interpersonal kills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Fluent Arabic and Excellent English both written and spoken.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment
- Good connections in the Egyptian cultural scene.
- Previous experience in community art or development project is a bonus
- Travel 50%
- Excellent scouting and mapping skills (venues, partners and public spaces)
- A strong belief in art as a tool for social change and wellbeing
Deadline for application:
August 13th, 2017
Send CV and short motivation letter explaining why you are interested in this position and how you fit the vacancy to:
Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/mahandcd/public_html/wp-content/themes/mahatat/single.php on line 55
Notice: Undefined variable: cats in /home/mahandcd/public_html/wp-content/themes/mahatat/single.php on line 106
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mahandcd/public_html/wp-content/themes/mahatat/single.php on line 106