Call for Executive Producer
September 7, 2017Categories: careers News
Mahatat is Recruiting for the Love of the Arts: Executive Producer
Since its establishment in 2011, Mahatat for contemporary art has unleashed inspiration and creativity, spread joy and entertainment amongst audiences, artists and the participants of our activities. We offer unique artistic experiences by organizing performances in public spaces and streets. We decentralize the arts by working in the Delta and Canal Regions as well as Cairo.
We also share knowledge and learning experiences related to art in public space and participatory art through the development of open source publications and workshops targeting emerging art operators and entrepreneurs. For the upcoming period, we are seeking a strong team player to join our small team and work in a very challenging yet exciting field for 7 months period that is renewable.
The right candidate needs to be a passionate advocator for the arts, who believe and share the same values of Mahatat; trust, transparency, peer learning, flexibility, integrity, honesty, collective leadership, respect, open communication.
S/he needs to Plan and coordinate various aspects of the production of Mahatat’s public artistic programmes including selecting theme, scripts, coordinating curatorial concepts, directing and editing, arranging financing and closing.
- At least four years of working experience in program management or Theater production.
- Excellent leadership skills and team management
- Excellent understanding of Mahatat’s vision, mission, strategic goals and objectives
- Academic background in arts management, project management or theater production.
- Excellent spoken and written Arabic and English, French and other languages are a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Well connected and maintains visibility and a current relation in the field of arts and production
- Capacity to lead and mentor a team
- Capacity to foster and contribute to collective decision-making processes
- Strong team player and collaborator
- Proactive and initiator
- Travel 50%
- In-country Fieldwork 50%
- Report to and work closely with the Managing Director and the Business development director to develop Mahatat programs, projects artistic concepts and Productions
- Coordinate the activities of artists, partners, writers, coordinators, volunteers and other personnel throughout the production process.
- Supervise the production and the technical implementation of Mahatat’s projects, programs, and service provisions.
- Suggest revisions of the programs and projects design and implementation plans.
- Conduct meetings with staff and stakeholders to discuss production progress and to ensure production objectives are attained.
- Maintain connections in the artistic scene in Egypt especially the art in public space and community art and maintain a good relationship and network with potential artists and stakeholders.
- Create and ensure programs and projects budgets under control
- Monitor post-production processes in order to ensure accurate completion of all details.
- Provide input for the institutional and activity evaluation
- Manage and oversee the team of coordinators and program managers.
- Ensure that Mahatat manual procedures is followed and responsible for its continuous improvement.
- Insure the confidentiality of Mahatat data.
- Participate in key partners meeting as Mahatat representative
- Attend part of Board meetings, Directors meetings and staff meetings.
- Provide input to the development of the quarter, annual and need assessment reports.
- Maintains ongoing relations with volunteers and other stakeholders in order to ensure a sound feedback and accessibility to the field.
Deadline for application:
September 24th, 2017
Send CV and short motivation letter explaining why you are interested in this position and how you fit the vacancy to:
Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/mahandcd/public_html/wp-content/themes/mahatat/single.php on line 55
Notice: Undefined variable: cats in /home/mahandcd/public_html/wp-content/themes/mahatat/single.php on line 106
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mahandcd/public_html/wp-content/themes/mahatat/single.php on line 106