Mahatat is Recruiting for the Love of the Arts: Content Developer
Since its establishment in 2011, Mahatat for contemporary art has unleashed inspiration
and creativity, spread joy and entertainment amongst audiences, artists and the
participants of our activities. We offer unique artistic experiences by organizing
performances in public spaces and streets. We decentralize the arts by working in the
Delta and Canal Regions as well as Cairo.
We also share knowledge and learning experiences related to art in public space and
participatory art through the development of open source publications and workshops
targeting emerging art operators and entrepreneurs.
For the upcoming period, we are seeking a strong team player to join our small team
and work in a very challenging yet exciting field for 5 months.
The right candidate needs to be a passionate advocator for the arts, who believes and
share the same values of Mahatat; trust, transparency, peer learning, flexibility, integrity,
honesty, collective leadership, respect, open communication.
For 5 months, we are seeking a dedicated Content Developer to join our small team.
The selected applicant will work closely with the Managing Director, program
coordinator, and the trainers of Face to Face Residency Project.
This project is supported by Drosos Foundation and The British Council.
Contract duration: 5 months; contract starts 01/09/2017
Job Objective: Implementing an action research that aims to conceptualize, co-design,
compile and document a training curriculum for emerging talents in Egypt.
• A graduate of social sciences with a bachelor or a master degree in anthropology,
sociology, cultural studies, art education or a related field of studies
• Experiences within the non-profit sector in Egypt
• Good knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research tools
• Fieldwork experiences
• Independent literature and online research skills
• Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic
• Excellent communication skills
• Capable of working both under supervision of and in a team
• Good connections in the Egyptian cultural scene is a bonus
• Previous experience in community art or development project is a bonus
• Collecting data on existing art learning programs locally, regionally and internationally.
• Mastering data collection through online and literature research, fieldwork, focus
groups, and interviews
• Identifying, collecting and organizing content needs and a curriculum draft in
coordination with the art educators/trainers.
• Using research tools to assess the responses and outcomes of the curriculum over the
• Documenting findings in a printed publication, to serve as a prototype to be built on in
To apply, please send your resume and a motivation letter email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by the 21 st ofAugust 2017.